Love and Hope and most importantly, Jenny.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010


I came home last night to the world's best message on my answering machine; my best gal B has somehow managed to snag us two front row tickets to the Jenny Lewis Haiti Benefit at the well known Los Angeles venue, Largo at the Coronet. WHAT?! I cancelled all plans immedietment and feverishly skipped to the little theater after work tonight. Largo was decorated with Christmas lights and hipster boys in vests selling homemade cookies. B and I sat back and listened to one of the most amazing music sets I have ever heard. Jenny played with many guests including Rilo Kiley bassist Jason Boesel, Becky Stark of Lavender Diamond, boyfriend Jonathan Rice, best friend Morgan Nagler of Whispertown 2000 and Maria Taylor and Orenda Fink of Azure Ray (my personal favorite). We were serenaded for over two hours and the artists took turns playing their songs, both old and new. It was a night filled with magic and hope and lots and lots of love. I feel so lucky to be part of a community that uses its artistic influence to make a difference in helping make this currently dilapidated world, a much much better place.

And that's my soapbox for today!

Oh, and this petite blogger is back. Apologies for the long respite - many lovely things coming your way!

Happy 2010!

4 comments:

  1. WOMAN! Jason Bentley has been hyperventilating over that show all week, and I CANNOT believe you got to go, you lucky bird. Can't WAIT to hear all about it.

    Also, download Charlotte Gainsbourg's new album she did with Beck. Now. This very moment. The whole thing. Esp. Dandelion.

    Ruv ewe. And welcome back to blogland. We missed ye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Envious, but not enough to move to the city. I'll just read your reports. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I'm so jealous! Glad you had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete

LA PETITE CHOUE All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger