INSPIRED BY // AN OUTDOOR SPACE

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

This photo is getting my little green thumb in gear. I have this wonderful lovely outdoor patio attached to my house that I shamelessly have done nothing with this past year. I think I was focusing so much time and energy on the inside I forgot about the out! I love this photo (found here) so much and it really inspires me to create a cozy outdoor space for entertaining and even for reading the paper outside with coffee on the weekends. Today I spent the morning bringing all my old furniture outside and sifting through boxes of un-used goodies in the garage to decorate. Next step up: plants and veggies? Eeek. I'm nervous as I do NOT have a green thumb.  I'm going to do some good plant research and give it the old college try. Any recommendations on what to grow and what not to grow would be insanely helpful! Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. what a lovely spot!! good luck, that sounds like a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky you can think of such things in september! I'm slowly planning getting everything back in the locker for the winter!!!

    Since I'm a very poor judge of time when I work, my advice, based on experience, is:
    get succulents!
    They come in all shapes and sizes and can pretty much take care of themselves... just a tiny drop of water from time to time, when you think about it, some sun, and voila! A green patio!

    ReplyDelete

LA PETITE CHOUE All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger