This weekend, in a few words.

Monday, November 9, 2009

This weekend was filled with many mini unexpected and lovely adventures; late night sushi at my absolute favorite spots downtown, R23, a surprise coffee date with Ms. B, a bike ride adventure with my one and only bike gang member around the sivlerlake reservoir (and with a stop at lamill for lavender infused lemonades, bien sur!!), cooking class at Hipcooks where I learned how to make the perfect raspberry lemon drop cocktail, a bottomless mimosa brunch at Los feliz' new hang-out Rockwell and an unexpected adventure to Venice in search of some vintage books! And mayyybe some pizza. Oh, and lots and lots of reading. Here are some Polaroids I snapped during these glorious yet few hours. I can't believe it's Monday already and I'm dreaming about what next weekend will bring. A happy Monday, to you all!



Ms. Lulu in her shades and leather jacket PRE reservoir bike ride! (you can't see the sole feather dangling from only one ear which was truly my favorite part of her outfit!)



Miche in front of some awesome graffiti near the beach in Venice.


My big pile of books I'm pillaging through including:

1. Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
2. The Tipping Point by Malcom Gladwell
3. Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See
4. Special Topics in Calamity Physics by Marisha Pessl
5. The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Harakumi Murakami
6. Bright Shiny Morning by James Frey

P.S. The give-away winner is ... MF! Congrats on winning the Sweet November Mix. I am going to add on the songs everyone who commented suggested to pass on the music love. Please comment here with your address and I'll get the disc to you this week! Thanks for commenting everyone! xx

4 comments:

  1. Bird By Bird is such a lovely book. Very inspiring! J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weekend sounds like my dream weekend!!! Ahhh.. I love vintage books and sushiiiiiiiii!!!! Oh and that cooking class sounds great!! Hope you are doing well.. xoxoxo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your weekend sounds EPIC! what a lovely recap, makes me miss l.a.
    and ohmygosh, bird by bird is one of my ALL-TIME favorite books. it's been years since i've read it (or re-read it), probably time to pull it out again. now i'm dreaming about the weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pic of Miche is the best portrait EVER- really good, Kateness!

    ReplyDelete

LA PETITE CHOUE All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger