It's not right. It's not fair!

Monday, March 7, 2011

You guys, I have to say, this weekend was rough. I was sick as a dog with a bad cold and I had my car broken into and purse stolen. I am equally annoyed about having to replace everything in my bag as I am just plain angry, however, I have tried to put everything into perspective: I am safe. Scout is safe. My ipod, wallet, checkbooks, numerous Christmas gift cards, rayban sunglasses, mail and favorite book are just possessions and can be replaced. And because this blog is not a platform to complain, I'll spare you and just say to everyone out there reading this the obvious to please learn from my mistake: never ever leave your purse in your car. Not even for a minute. I was only gone for sixty seconds picking up Scout and the perps were there and gone in that small amount of time. And locked doors do not count here either, people. Mine were locked solid and that didn't stop them from chucking a brick through my window.

Ok, 2011 .... stop testing me! You promised you'd be better!

*Music Monday will be back next week in full swing. If you're ailing for some new tunes right this second, check out (if you haven't already) Adele's new album, 21. It's a killer.


Image via cdryan

12 comments:

  1. oh man, that really blows. i'm so sorry to hear that, but at least you have a great perspective on it. you're safe and items like those are totally replaceable. i find that if you just accept the reality and concentrate on the positive, you'll feel better in no time. good attitude, kate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl let it out. That is a terrible thing to have happen to ya, and it's a pain in the ass to have to get new cards and IDs and things. It'll get better though. Promise.

    X,
    www.brittanyhavican.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh Kate, that just totally sucks!! I am so sorry you have to deal with all of this. It IS just stuff but it was YOUR stuff. Get everything replaced as fast as your can and then you can move on. And you are very right that Scout is ok and so are you! There is still a lot of 2011 left so don't give up. XO and hope you have a better day today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am so sorry to hear this! Same thing happened to my good friend recently. It is a major bummer, and definitely complaint-worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sucks! Well, it's my birthday today so I'll share some of my good vibes with you:) And I don't know why, but I think you might be getting some of your stuff back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kate, I'm so sorry!!! How horrible... chin up my dear! Wish I could take you out to a lovely lunch today. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh, Miss Kate, I am so sorry! This is terrible. :(
    I hope you feel better soon. Just remember that it can only get better from here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ughhh...that's stinky. Sorry, I know the feeling and it can only get better! Hope this week starts looking up for yoU!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ugh. so sorry to hear about your car/purse debacle. :-( not cool - i hope your week only gets better from here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my i'm sorry to hear all that happened to you!! hope this week gets better! lovely lovely blog! new follower!

    www.brittanyst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Kate, I am so sorry to hear this! I am glad you are safe, though. And while I know you don't wish to complain here, don't feel like you can't. We love you and support you, and sometimes it's just important to get all that stuff out! Plus, you offered some really sound advice. A big hug to you today. xo.

    ReplyDelete

LA PETITE CHOUE All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger