The Rose Bowl Flea Market in Pasadena MAY be my favorite place in the world. It reminds me of a monthly big vintage treasure hunt and I always come home with the best stuff! Over the years I have collected a vintage parasol, brown suede cowgirl boots, my dining room chairs, a lovely french bohemian table and some antique jewelery!
Since I sort of consider myself a flea market veteran, here are some tips if you are first-timer to make sure your experience is a great one!
- Wear comfortable shoes. Your feet will hurt so be nice to them!
- Wear something thin and light and that you can easily try clothes on over or under. There is an amazing clothing section of the flea market but no dressing rooms. I usually wear some sort of leggings and a thin dress over-top
- Wear sunscreen or a hat. Or both.
- Bring plenty of cash. It costs $8 to get in and although they have ATM machines there, it costs a fee to use them.
- Take lots of snack breaks. I highly recommend the frozen lemonade cart!
- Bargain. Times are tough and you know that seller doesn't want to wrap up his vintage antique sofa and cart it back home with him.
- Drink lots and lots of water. It gets hot out there!
Here is my list for this week's treasure hunt:
- One more dining room chair
- Gold mirror
- Console Table
- Lamp Stand
- Vintage Books
I will report back on Monday with my findings!