Midnight in Paris

Thursday, June 16, 2011

I caught an afternoon screening of Woody Allen's new film, Midnight in Paris, yesterday and it was a sheer delight. I lived and studied in France my junior year of college in a small city called Toulouse. I was in a French immersion program so there was no English spoken. Ever. We stayed with host families, ate baguettes and fromage by the river (yes, French people actually do that), visited famous cathedrals, took a wine and cheese tasting class and participated in french dance lessons. It was an incredible year and the film made me miss the food, the lights and the magic of Paris. If you ever have the chance to study or visit in France, promise me you'll say yes!

5 comments:

  1. i had the chance to visit Paris last october...and i said YESSSS!! its a magical city!thanks for the movie reco too! have a lovely day..xx meenal

    ReplyDelete
  2. j'adore paris!!! I have been there many times and miss its magic. I must go see that movie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see this! I usually go to Paris a lot, but I haven't been for 6 months and I think I've been getting away with it by pretending London is just fine and that whole magical glad to be alive feeling I get in Paris is all an illusion. I have a feeling this film might break the spell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh p.s. my dad used to call me "ma petite chou fleur" (my little cauliflower) when I was little!

    ReplyDelete
  5. loved it as well! owen wilson really shocked the hell out of me with his charm. go woody! still rockin' it at 80.

    ReplyDelete

LA PETITE CHOUE All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger