A Girl on a Vespa

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I recently spent the weekend in San Francisco with friends and had the pleasure of taking my very first Vespa ride. I have to admit, I squealed like a schoolgirl for the first 15 minutes of the ride; trying to figure out if I was in pure heaven or scared silly. After I relaxed I realized one thing; I need to own a vespa, and I need to own one now.


I know, I know. "It's very dangerous" and "I could really hurt myself", but you know what? LIFE IS DANGEROUS and short and honestly, my neighborhood is way too perfect to NOT have one. As one of my favorite authors, Rebbecca Wells, once said "It’s life. You don’t figure it out. You just climb up on the beast and ride." So I'm on the craiglist Vespa hunt. I have paired down the color choices to Mint Green or Navy. I am excited. I will keep you posted. Have I convinced you that this is a good idea from this post? I hope so. I also hope to have this girl's hair/outfit/sunglasses while riding said Vespa in the future.

4 comments:

  1. vespas are so chic!
    i live in santa barbara and everyone & their mom has one.
    i want to join the club too!
    but instead i drive a car.
    or ride my bike.
    boo :( lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have this girls hair/outfit/sunglasses plus a helmet please. A big ass super helmet. That being said I support the vespa. I think it's something about our apartment, as I was a few months away from buying one when I was there myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ditto to the bigass super helmet.
    but you would indeed have a blast vesping around silverlake.

    love,
    your mother

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Kate! Live dangerously! I vote for Navy x

    ReplyDelete

LA PETITE CHOUE All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger