The best Flea around!

Friday, August 7, 2009

The Rose Bowl Flea Market in Pasadena MAY be my favorite place in the world. It reminds me of a monthly big vintage treasure hunt and I always come home with the best stuff! Over the years I have collected a vintage parasol, brown suede cowgirl boots, my dining room chairs, a lovely french bohemian table and some antique jewelery!


Since I sort of consider myself a flea market veteran, here are some tips if you are first-timer to make sure your experience is a great one!

- Wear comfortable shoes. Your feet will hurt so be nice to them!
- Wear something thin and light and that you can easily try clothes on over or under. There is an amazing clothing section of the flea market but no dressing rooms. I usually wear some sort of leggings and a thin dress over-top
- Wear sunscreen or a hat. Or both.
- Bring plenty of cash. It costs $8 to get in and although they have ATM machines there, it costs a fee to use them.
- Take lots of snack breaks. I highly recommend the frozen lemonade cart!
- Bargain. Times are tough and you know that seller doesn't want to wrap up his vintage antique sofa and cart it back home with him.
- Drink lots and lots of water. It gets hot out there!

Here is my list for this week's treasure hunt:

- One more dining room chair
- Gold mirror
- Console Table
- Lamp Stand
- Vintage Books
- Tablecloth

I will report back on Monday with my findings!

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to add another tip! You should plan to arrive at a very specific time of day depending on what you want to get out of your flea market experience/how much money you have. If you have cash and are looking for something in particular, get there when they open. Good stuff goes fast! Or if you're broke like me, but hoping to find something cool, go at the very end. That's you get UNBELIEVABLE deals. The vendors are so desperate to sell, they practically give stuff away.

    ReplyDelete

LA PETITE CHOUE All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger