The Hunger Games

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Ok. So. I've put off posting about this for a while because I simply couldn't put into words my love for this book. I have settled down a bit since I've read it and feel the need to tell everyone I know to put down their newspapers, turn off SURVIVOR, get onto your vespa's and take yourself to the nearest bookstore to buy yourself a copy of The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. This book will probably be in the young adult section, but don't' be fooled.


There is some heavy stuff coming your way. HG is sort of A Lord of the Flies mixed with Battle Royale and topped with a kick-ass female protagonist named Katniss. I read this book in 17 hours (I didn't even sleep) and have started a book club since then just to make sure all those I care about are reading it! A bonus: The Hunger Games is part of a trilogy and the 2nd book, Catching Fire, came out last week which is equally as awesome. I promised I'm not getting paid to promote this book. Just got buy it. Or rent it from the library. Or read it on your kindle. It will change your life - promise!

2 comments:

  1. OK, fine. You've convinced me. I love that her name is Katniss, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate! To continue on the fantasy theme, it's on my list to read next after I finish The Magicians by Lev Grossman.

    ReplyDelete

LA PETITE CHOUE All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger