The classics

Monday, October 19, 2009

Hi there! My name is Marie-Eve and I write a blog called LAKE JANE. I have several things in common with La Petite Choue, including a profound love for the city of Montreal, so I feel right at home, guest blogging here this morning!

Lately I've been thinking a lot about how to spruce up my closet for Fall and Winter. It's not that I lack fashionable pieces but rather that I lack staples. I seem to always buy trendy pieces but have no basics to pair them with. I remember when I had the opposite problem so I switched it up and went way over board and now the trendy pieces have overtaken all the basics I had accumulated. Apparently I have an issue finding a middle ground. So now I'm on a mission to add in all those pieces which I deem to be "true cold-weather classics"; the kinds of pieces you invest in because you know they'll never go out of style. Here's my list but I'd love to hear yours too!

(N.B. -I've left out shoes, bags and t-shirts because this list would be wayyyy too long)

A good trench coat (this one is by APC)



















A pair of black leggings (I like American Apparel)

















A great pair of blue jeans like these by Current Elliott


A crisp white shirt (Banana Republic)


















A solid black skirt like this one by Filipa K

















A long sleeved striped shirt (Gap)


A black leather jacket ( I dream of this washed leather jacket by Mike and Chris)


















And finally one long cuddly sweater (I love the Boyfriend cardigan by Steven Alan)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LA PETITE CHOUE All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger