A Holiday Poem

Thursday, December 23, 2010








































Little Tree
by EE Cummings

Little tree
Little silent Christmas tree
You are so little
You are more like a flower

Who found you in the green forest
And were you very sorry to come away?
See I will comfort you.
Because you smell so sweetly

I will kiss your cool bark
And hug you safe and tight
Just as your mother would
Only don't be afraid.

Look the spangles
That sleep all year in the dark box
Dreaming of being taken out and allowed to shine
The balls the red and gold the fluffy threads

Put up your little arms
And I will give them all to you to hold
Every finger shall have its ring
And there won't be a single place dark or unhappy

When you are quite dressed
You’ll stand in the window for everyone to see
And how they'll stare
Oh but you will be very proud

And my little sister and I will take hands
And looking at our beautiful tree
We’ll dance and sing.

Happy Happy Holidays to you all!

xoxo,
LPC

10 comments:

  1. love the holidays! merry christmas! safe travels...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy holidays! This poem was lovely, and is your blog!

    Thanks for following! Yours is definitely worth a follow-back! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Cummings. :) This is one of my favorites of his poems too!!!

    Thanks for making it by my blog. Yours is fabulous as well. :)

    xo,
    Casey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is such a pretty poem! The picture of the tree is really cute too, did you take it? I've been looking at your past posts and it is YOU who has the adorable blog! I will also be looking forward to all of your future posts, really really really. So I am definitely followning. Thank you for the lovely comment and follow too :)!

    teri at tintedseaglass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for following my blog! ee cummings is my favorite poet. Have you ever read i carry your heart with me?

    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your blog is officially my new favorite!! it's beyond wonderful! thank you so much for your sweet comment and i can't wait to follow your adventures as well!! also, extremely loud and incredibly close is one of the best books in the world, enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you, fellow e.e. cummings lover! i am now officially following your blog as well. i love it already. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this poem!
    Thank you so much for the lovely comment, I haven't read much of your blog but I am already totally addicted!

    ReplyDelete

LA PETITE CHOUE All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger