Happy Monday! Caitlin here from Sacramento Street. I hope all of you had a lovely weekend. When Kate ask me to guest blog while she was off exploring the big apple - I immediately emailed her back saying "yes, yes, yes!" I'm incredibly jealous that Kate is in New York during the holiday season - it's truly magical this time of year and because of that it distracts you from how cold it is outside.
Today, I'm sharing what I love about this time of year - December is by far one of my favorite months!
* Watching snow flurries coming down makes my heart skip a beat. I never tire of waking up in the morning and seeing white flakes falling from the sky.
* On a cold winter night my husband and I make warm hot cocoa with lots of whipping cream. It seems to taste even better when The Holiday or Love Actually are playing on TV.
* I'm a sucker for yummy sugar cookies with white frosting and sprinkles, but for some reason I usually end up making my husbands favorite - peanut butter blossoms - their my second favorite. They bring back memories of when I used to make them for him in high school, yes we're high school sweethearts.
* As temperatures continue to drop attempting to dress cute is the ultimate task. How does one make a puffy jacket look chic?
* To me there is nothing like curling up on a cold winter day to read a book. It's pure bliss!
What do all of you love about this time of year?
Thank you Kate for having me here today. I hope all of you have a wonderful holiday season!