Music Monday: Oren Lavie

Monday, December 27, 2010

Oren Lavie's video, Her Morning Elegance, has become a Pop Culture phenomena and the most successful stop motion video ever. The video was assembled from 2096 still photographs that were shot and sequenced to create a sense of movement. After going from stills to motion the artists decided to break the video down into its original photographs, printed in physical form and exhibited in galleries worldwide. Today you can own one of these prints and have a fraction of the video itself in your home!  This is one of my favorite videos of all time!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Kate! Thanks for following me. I have been checking out your blog and keep getting deeper and deeper with that "you might also like" feature. You have fanstatic pictures and I am loving your music Monday choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kate,
    Your blog is so so adorable.
    I am glad you found me!
    I must click the follow button,
    your post are inspiring!

    Thank you thank you.
    I also love the video you posted.
    It was so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, that is one of my favorite videos too! It's amazing isn't it? The lyrics are absolutely beautiful too. My favorite line is probably "She pours a daydream in a cup, a spoon of sugar sweetens up." Last year when I would study biology at night everyday in the winter, this is what I listened to, nonstop.

    I didn't know you could get stills. That's really neat!

    teri at tintedseaglass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love. this is so lovely. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oren Lavie has been a favorite of mine for a while.. I have his album and I love his voice, he is beautiful. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kate, thanks for sweet comment and popping by at our little blog :) All the feedback we've been getting just warms our hearts!

    Ps.This is such an amazing video! And I agree with Ali, above, his voice is divine! ♥

    Xo Mervi
    http://myfriendjules.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! This video is so sweet! I've never heard of him before. WOW! 2096 photos! But it flows so seamlessly that you forget that it's not an actual video. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe I'd never seen this - SO lovely. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LA PETITE CHOUE All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger